Makes 12 Mince Pies
50g 70% chocolate
370g puff pastry
200g fillo pastry
100g melted butter
1) Using a pestle & mortar, pound the hazelnuts into fine crumbs. And with a sharp knife chop the chocolate finely.
2) On a well floured surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 3mm rectangle.
3) Grate half an orange and using your finger tips move the zest around the dough, covering its entire surface.
4) Spoon over the mince meat all over the rectangular dough and sprinkle over the hazelnuts (leaving a hand full aside) and dark chocolate.
5) Tightly roll the dough lengthways, until you have a long log.
6) Cut 12 rolls and set them aside.
7) Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / gas mark 4
8) On a clear surface, overlap four corners of the fillo sheets, resulting in aa large rectangle. Thinly brush all over with melted butter. Repeat the process until you have 4 layers, that will be a total of 16 fillo pastry sheets. On the top layer, cover with melted butter.
9) Using a 12 cup cupcake oven tray, place the buttered side of the fillo pasty layers over it and carefully press in the pastry into the moulds, covering the whole oven tray.
10) Place the 12 puff mince rolls in each mould and sprinkle the rest of the grounded hazelnuts on top of each one. Brush over the remaining butter over the fillo pastry and sprinkle some icing sugar and place in the preheated oven for 25mins.
11) Leave to cool completely and break each one apart. Give a final dusting of icing sugar …
12) Enjoy …
* To give this recipe justice, you'll need to view the photos.
A direct's Here link: Http://lunasrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/12/mince-pies.html