Lets face it, migraine headaches are miserable affairs.
Its little wonder then that every day millions of people take medication to cure their migraines. Despite some of these medicines being very effective, their long term side effects are relatively unknown, and therefore many migraine sufferers prefer to seek out a natural migraine cure instead. Long term this has to be a good thing.
But if you are interested in a more natural migraine cure, how do you go about choosing one?
Well, you need to first appreciate what triggers your migraine. The fact is there are almost as many different triggers as there are migraine sufferers. What is known, however, is that there is a 'shortlist' of the most common triggers that affect sufferers.
- Foods, including alcohol, processed cheese, coffee, chocolate, artificial sweeteners and E numbers.
- Hormonal changes, related to a drop in estrogen levels, which may occur before a woman's monthly period. Birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy can also trigger migraines.
- Medications – both over the counter and prescription
- Stress or anxiety
- Too much or too little sleep
- Weather changes or changes in time zone or altitude
Only after you fully understand what triggers your migraine can you take action to prevent it happening again.It may be that it's a combination of things such as getting more sleep and avoiding stressful situations. What is for sure though, is that its better to try and tackle the source of your migraine than simply to mask its presence using prescription drugs.
Next time you The So feel View an attack coming on ask yourself 's what Could be a more natural migraine cure and a try and apply it. Your body and mind will thank you in the long run.